The Victorian Government’s latest announcements yesterday gets us another step closer to our centres reopening, however we are not quite there yet.
What this currently means for us is that our indoor centres will remain closed, with access to Zoom group fitness classes and workouts via your Nillumbik MOVES App and we will work towards outdoor group sessions, should the next steps allow, on November 1st.
While we are still unable to open our indoor facilities the good news is our Diamond Creek Outdoor Pool is now open for lap swimming for individuals for exercise purposes. At this stage structured group sessions including squad coaching, swim lessons and private bookings including lane hire, are unavailable in this stage of the Government’s Roadmap back.
The reopening of the outdoor pool is in line with Victorian Government COVID-19 restrictions, which include:
- Visitors must live or work within 25km of the Diamond Creek Outdoor Pool
- The pool is limited to 30 swimmers at one time
- Visits are limited to one 60-minute session
- Sessions must be prebooked online – no walk-ins will be permitted.
- Changerooms will be closed, but toilets will be open
- Visitors must follow the 1.5m social distancing guidelines
- Masks must be worn at all times except when about to enter the pool
- Visitors should practice good hygiene before, during and after their swim session.
There will be limited sessions to start, but extra sessions will be made available based on demand. Also please ensure that you have read our Conditions of Entry prior to booking by following this link https://www.diamondcreekpool.com.au/bookings/ If you have previously used our booking system for any Nillumbik Leisure Facility site, your email address will be recognised and can use your previously set password.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.