This October, Nillumbik Leisure will again celebrate Seniors Month and we have a fun filled month of activities from the 1st through to the 31st October, 2023.
Regular physical activity not only strengthens muscles and improves balance, reducing the risk of falls, but also boosts mood and cognitive function. Engaging in activities like walking, dancing and gentle stretching helps maintain flexibility and vitality, equally important is the power of social connection.
Building and maintaining relationships with friends and family, participating in group activities and joining clubs or community events, can combat feelings of isolation and loneliness. Together, exercise and connection create a recipe for a vibrant and fulfilling senior lifestyle.
Come along and join in any or all of the following classes and events:
👨🦳 CPR Information session – Thursday 5th October, 10.30am at Eltham Leisure Centre – to book email: [email protected]
👨🦳 Family / Grandparent Zumba – Sunday 22nd October, 2.00pm at Diamond Creek Community Centre
👵 Murder Mystery Event – 26th October, 11.15am for an 11.30am start at Eltham Leisure Centre – to book email: [email protected]
👨🦳 FREE Seniors classes – we have a selected list of free group fitness classes for Seniors Month, follow this link for printable version: Seniors Month Free Class Timetable
- 2.00pm – Active Aqua at Eltham Leisure Centre
- 10.30am – Walking Basketball at Eltham Leisure Centre
- 11.20am – Tai Chi at Eltham Leisure Centre
- 1.00pm – Active Aqua at Eltham Leisure Centre
- 1.00pm – Active Movers at Community Bank Stadium
- 8.10am – Zumba Gold at Diamond Valley Sports and Fitness Centre
- 10.30am – Walking Basketball at Diamond Valley Sports and Fitness Centre
- 9.15am – Active Movers at Community Bank Stadium
- 9.20am – Zumba Gold at Diamond Creek Community Centre
- 10.30am – Active Movers at Diamond Valley Sports and Fitness Centre
Community Bank Stadium – 129-163 Main Hurstbridge Road, Diamond Creek
Diamond Creek Community Centre – 28 Main Hurstbridge Road, Diamond Creek
Diamond Valley Sports and Fitness Centre – 44 Civic Drive, Greensborough
Eltham Leisure Centre – 40 Brougham, St Eltham