Are you ready to join us this July and warm up with our United Minds challenge!
When: July 1st to 31st
Cost: $5.00 (with all proceeds donated to United Minds) – the first 10 participants to sign up at each site will receive a FREE goodie bag!
Who is United Minds? United Minds is a Not-For-Profit charity founded in 2013 as a community based bulk billing psychology service. The purpose of the service was to bridge the gap in access to mental health support by removing the financial burden of psychological support. As a charity, they rely on community funding to help people experiencing financial difficulty access a funded place within their psychology clinic. Check out their website for more information on the work they do here: https://www.unitedminds.org.au/
Some testimonials for the amazing work United Minds do in the Nillumbik community:
“I can’t speak highly enough of United Minds. My daughter was able to gain access to the Community Access Initiative which enabled her to receive multiple, complex assessments.
This has provided us with an in depth report that has proved to be beneficial for her education and ongoing support. Without this information, her specific needs wouldn’t be met or understood so clearly.
The whole process was made comfortable thanks to all the amazing staff. From the wonderful, encouraging people you see when you first walk in, at the front desk, to the knowledgeable, understanding psychologists and other professionals.”
“Life has been hard for the last few years and with the cost of everything going up, being a single mum, on a disability pension. There are nights I go to bed with no dinner or just a piece of toast just so I have a meal for my daughter.
After rent, bills and all my medication you can imagine that I don’t have much left to spend. I reached out earlier this year for help and I’ve been overwhelmed with the support. I’ve been able to make meals with extra to freeze for another day.
I just wanted to thank Tracey and Theresa from the bottom of my hear for all their help and support this year.”
“The Jindi Early Years Team have several families who have accessed the Community Support Program – Food Pantry on a regular basis who have noted that this has made a significant impact on their lives.
The increase of cost of living has negatively impacted our most vulnerable families, and by being able to access the Food Pantry it alleviates some of this added stress in their lives
Throughout the Christmas period United Minds Community Support Program provided Christmas Hampers and gifts for 10 of our most vulnerable families, without this they would not been able to provide gifts to their children.
As a team we are honoured to be a part of this process and delivering these to see the relief and appreciation was heart-warming.”
How to Win: Get your participation card from reception when you pay your $5 registration and all participants who gain 100 points or more go into the draw to win:
- 1st Prize 12 month Nillumbik Membership
- 2nd Prize – $70 Franc and Co Voucher
- 3rd Prize – $30 Diamond Creek Hotel Voucher
- 4th Prize – $25 Sports First Voucher
How to accumulate points:
- One swim, gym session or group fitness class = 5 points
- Sprint Live classes = 10 points each
- Class of the week = 10 points – Week 2 – 8th to 14th July
- Diamond Valley Sports and Fitness Centre – All Pilates Classes
- Diamond Creek Community Centre – All Cycle Classes
- Eltham Leisure Centre – All Body Step Classes
- Class of the week = 10 points – Week 3 – 15th to 22nd July
- Diamond Valley Sports and Fitness Centre – All Yoga Classes
- Diamond Creek Community Centre – All Body Balance Classes
- Eltham Leisure Centre – All Boxing Classes
- Class of the week = 10 points – Week 4 – 23rd to 31st July
- Diamond Valley Sports and Fitness Centre – All Relentless Classes
- Diamond Creek Community Centre – All Body Pump Classes
- Eltham Leisure Centre – All Mat Pilates Classes
Terms and Conditions can be found here: United Minds Challenge