Drowning is one of the leading causes of death globally for children and young people aged 1-24 years. Every year, an estimated 236,000 people drown.
In Australia, hundreds of families lose loved ones to drowning every year.
Today, Tuesday 25th July on World Drowning Prevention Day, join Royal Life Saving and Nillumbik Leisure to take action to prevent drowning:
- Enrol in swimming lessons
- Supervise children – Watch Around Water
- Check pool fence and gate
- Avoid alcohol and drugs around water
- Wear a lifejacket
- Know the conditions
- Become a pool lifeguard
- Learn CPR
- Become a swim teacher – Summer Teachers Are Made in Winter – complete your Austswim training this Winter and have Eltham Leisure Centre support you for your training hours!
Every small step we individually take can help save lives.
For further details on how you can be part of World Drowning Prevention Day visit https://www.royallifesaving.com.au/World-Drowning-Prevention-Day, or for more on becoming a Swim Teacher this winter, head to https://austswim.com.au/training